When a dog bites a man, it’s not news. When a man bites a dog, that’s when it’s news. Similarly, it’s not unusual for clients to sack their public relations or advertising agency. But the PR agency sacking the client is not often heard of. But it’s sometimes the way to go.
Let’s first talk about the why before the how.
Why some clients should be fired
- They disrespect you and sometimes get insulting
- They don’t value you
- Your profit margin is shrinking –and you make losses on some public relations activities
- They are never happy – You bend over backward trying to make them happy. You feel like it must be you so you work harder, longer, and smarter – and yet they still aren’t happy
- Your customer service is suffering or you are over-servicing the client
- Your value system is conflicted
10 ways to sack your client