The campaign objective
This campaign aimed to challenge the conventional standards of beauty in the media and society and to celebrate the diversity and natural beauty of women of all ages, shapes, sizes, and ethnicities.
The public relations tactics
The campaign included the following public relations tactics:
– Creating a website that featured real women’s stories, photos, and videos, as well as tips and resources on self-esteem and body image
– Producing a series of advertisements that featured real women, not models, posing in their underwear and showing their flaws and imperfections
– Launching a viral video called Evolution, which showed the transformation of a woman’s face through makeup, lighting, and Photoshop, to reveal the unrealistic expectations of beauty in the media.
– Partnering with various organizations and experts, such as the Girl Scouts, the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, and the Self-Esteem Fund, to create educational programs and workshops for girls and women on self-esteem and body image.
– Conducting global surveys and research on women’s attitudes and perceptions of beauty, and publishing the results in the Dove Global Beauty and Confidence Report.
The campaign was very successful in generating positive publicity, awareness, and engagement for the brand, as well as sparking a social movement and conversation about the issue of beauty and self-esteem.
The campaign also increased the sales and market share of Dove products and earned numerous awards and recognition from the industry and the public.
The campaign is considered one of the most influential and impactful public relations campaigns of the 21st century.
Well received.Looks great!